Have been making a variety of Christmas cookies for family and friends for many years with a large sentimental following. All recipies available
- 1 cup shortening(half butter)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. each cloves and nutmeg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup choc. bits
1. Cream shortening and sugar together.Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
2. Sift flour. Measure and add salt,soda,baking powder and spices. Sift again
3. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk. Beat after each addition. Add chopped nuts and raisins, and choc. bits and blend into mixture.
5. Drop by tsp. fulls onto greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350*F. for 12 to 15 min.
I have doubled and trebled this recipe with great success. I store cookies in a large tin with a waxed paper liner- With the top loosely positioned, NOT WITH A TOP TIGHTLY POSITIONED!! Remainders, if there are any keep this way for MONTHS. Enjoy
Print this recipe
Source: unknown-family recipe for 48 years
Submitted By: Eileen Werth