may be made ahead and frozen prior to baking.
- 2 cans( 7 1/2 oz size) minced clams
- 4 Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 Tablespons margarine or butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teasoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove minced
- 3/4 teasoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf extra thin white bread up not available regular bread will do
- 5 Tablespoons melted margarine or butter
Drain clams: reserve the juice. Cook onions in margarine; remove from heat; blend in flour; gradually stir in clam juice Add the garlic powder,Worcestershire and clams. Coo until mixture thickens; cool.
Remove crusts from 24 slices of bread and roll each piece very thin. Brush with some melted butter and spread 1 Tablespoon clam mixtrue. Roll up as for jelly roll: brush each pieceagain with the remaining butter, cut pieces in half.
Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown . Serve hot
Print this recipe
Source: my files
Submitted By: Nicole Godby
clam bake sanapes