Apples, cherries, or your favorite fruit may be substituted for peaches.
- 4 cups sliced peaches (about 4 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine peaches, sugar and cinnamon. Pour into 1 quart baking dish (well greased.)
3. Mix remaining ingredients until blended and drop by spoonsfuls onto fruit.
4. Bake 15 minutes: reduce heat to 350 degrees. and bake 10 minutes longer or until fruit is tender.
Print this recipe
Source: Jiffy Baking Mix box
Submitted By: Judy Pidgeon