This will frost the top of a 13 x 9 x 2 cake or a two-layer 8" cake. It is great on sugar cookies during the holidays. Omit the almond extract and blend in 1/2 cup of cocoa powder for a chocolate fudge-like frosting.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk, if necessary
Using an electric mixer, blend butter on medium speed in a medium sized bowl until smooth, about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and beat on medium to high speed until smooth. If the icing is too thick to spread, blend in 1 teaspoon of milk. Continue adding milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is obtained. Blend in food coloring if desired.
Print this recipe
Source: Trial and Error
Submitted By: Sandie