- 1 small head garlic(2 1/2 oz.)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme OR 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove outer layer of papery skin from head of garlic to expose cloves. Place in center of 8-in. piece foil; drizzle with oil. Wrap foil tightly around garlic; bake 1 hour or until knife inserts easily in center cloves. Cool.
2. Carefully separate cloves; press pulp out of the skins into small bowl. with spoon, beat until smooth paste forms. Beat in remaining ingredients until blended.
3. Spoon onto a sheet of plastic wrap; with table knife, spread form into a 6-in.-long log. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 30 minutes or until firm. At serving time, remove plastic wrap; with a paring knife, cut butter crosswise into 1/2-in. thick rounds. Makes 12 servings.
Herb butter: 1/2 c Unsalted butter 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon OR 3/4 tsp. dried tarragon leaves, crumbled Combine with wooden spoon, mix well. Shape and chill as for Garlic Butter
Print this recipe
Source: McCall's: :March '95
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Roasted Garlic Butter