- 1 1/2 pounds partially defrosted beef skirt, flank or round steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestshire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup chopped scallion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 8 - 10 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers sliced
1. Slice beef into long strips, thinner than a pencil. Combine the tequila and lime juice in a flat glass dish and marinate the meat in this mixture under referigeration for 2 hours, turning occasionally. You may add the jalapenos to marinate as well. Remove meat with tongs draining off excess liquid. Remove jalapenos to be used later.
2. In a bowl or processor, combine oil, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika until smooth.
3. Heat wok over medium heat. Add the oil mixture and swirl in circular motion. When the oil is hot add the steak strips stirring occasionally. Three or four minutes before the steak is done, stir in scallions, green peppers (reserved jalapenos if used) and cook until the meat is done and vegetables are crisp. Stirring almost constantly.
4. Spoon mixture onto plates and top with chopped tomatoes or bring wok to table and squirt lime juice over meat for that sizzling effect. Serve tortillas on the side.
Print this recipe
Source: Newsday, Long Island, NY, 7/88
Submitted By: Jean