- 2 live lobsters (1 1/2 lbs. each)
- About 1 tbs. plus 1 tsp. white truffle oil
- Table salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rock salt, for serving
- Chervil sprigs, for garnish
1. In a large stockpot of boiling salted water, boil the lobsters for 12 minutes until red all over. Using tongs, transfer the lobsters to a work surface.
2. Twist the lobster bodies to separate the tail sections. Place the sections upside down and, using a large sharp knife, halve the tails lengthwise, cutting through the shell. Remove the tail meat from the shells and place in a stainless steel bowl. Set the bowl over the hot lobster cooking water to keep the meat warm. Reserve the tail shells. Crack the claws and remove the meat in one piece.
3. Using a large sharp knife, cut all the lobster meat in broad, thin slices. Return to the bowl, pour in 1 tablespoon of the truffle oil and toss to coat thoroughly. Season with table salt and pepper to taste and another teaspoon of truffle oil if desired.
4. Pour enough rock salt on each salad plate to hold a lobster tail shell, Nestle 1 tail-shell half on each plate and stuff with lobster meat. Garnish with chervil sprigs and serve at once
Print this recipe
Source: The Best Of Food And Wine
Submitted By: Rick Smith
Lobster With White Truffle Oil