Cheshire Fidget Pie Recipe
Ingredients:150 g/5 oz shortcrust pastry or wholewheat pastry
450 g/l lb. cooking apples
225 g/8 oz onions
350g/12 oz streaky bacon
100 ml/3 to 4 fluid oz. stock or water
Directions:1. Make layers in a pie-dish of apple, onion and bacon until all is used. Season between layers with pepper and a very little salt.
2. Pour over the stock or water.
3. Roll out pastry on floured board.
4. Cover pie-dish with pastry.
5. Trim edges.
6. Re-roll trimmings and cut leaves to decorate pie.
7. Bake in a moderate overn. Gas 4, 350 degrees F, for 2 hours.
Contributed by Sybil Norcott
Irlam, Nr. Manchester
Copyright © 2007 Epicurean.com
All rights reserved